The End of An Era- A note from Bud-
Sometimes I feel like the boy who cried wolf. But when I left Saturday 9 to The Gal (who I freely admit improved it - greatly) and Stealing to Mr. L and then Kwizgiver I was so burnt out that I even ended the WTIT Blog at the same time. Now while I won't be doing that, I will be leaving Sunday Stealing after next week. We've had a marvelous run - we are in our 10th year - but if a new host isn't found this week, we will end Stealing. About two years ago I started a book about WTIT. It's a daunting task to cover 50 years of anything, and so I stopped writing about a year ago. And while the hour or so I spend on Stealing doesn't sound like a lot. I'm just not feeling it and I think that now that I am out of work on disability I should start anew on the book. It's not like there's not a lot there, I had nearly 20 chapters written.
During our 50th Anniversary Show I contacted Mike Toscano, an old college friend, who has a golden voice. For the first decade of C-Span, he was the announcer who said "Next on C-Span" and all that 24 hours a day. He did the show intro and stuff I asked him to do. While he has only sat around this table twice, his voice is heard on nearly every tape. Mike in addition to his radio job mornings in D.C. is an contributor to The Washington Post. Which means the dude can write. He told me that he missed the stories I wrote (Under "WTIT Folklore" on my blog if you are interested) on my blog about WTIT. He told me that I am a terrific writer and to finish the damn book. I was shocked on his compliment and I have taken it seriously.
So that is what I'm going to do. I won't be leaving the blogospohere. I will still play Saturday 9. And Stealing if we are lucky enough for someone to take it. It needs to grow. We got hit hard from the social media switch from blogs to Facebook and twitter. But there are thousands who still play memes who need to be contacted. I just don't have the time. But if you do, we could have fifty players a week. See, you don't run a successful meme blog without having to find players. I havcen't done that since well before I left the first time. If you want to be the host of Stealing either leave me a comment or email me at email@example.com. It has been an honor to be your host for for so long. But I've got a book to write.
We found this gem from a blogger and blog named Greenish Lady. She states that Becca invited everyone to do it. But, it was probably stolen at that blog as well. So, of course, that will be as far as we go. Tracing back our theft's thieves might take some time. Link back to us at Sunday Stealing!
Cheers to all us thieves!
Sunday Stealing: The Greenish Questions
1. What is your current obsession?
2. What’s your go-to coffee place?
3. Who was the last person that you hugged?
4. Do you nap a lot?
5. Tonight, what’s for dinner?
6. What was the last thing that you bought?
7. What is your favorite weather?
8. Tell us something about one blogger who you think will play this week?
9. If you were given a free house that was full furnished, where in the world would you like it to be?
10. Name three things that you could not live without.
11. What would you like in your hands right now?
12. What’s one of your guilty pleasures?
13. What would you change or eliminate about yourself?
14. As a child, what type of career did you want?
15. What are you missing right now?
16. What are you currently reading?
17. What do you fear the most?
18. What’s the best movie that you’ve seen recently?
19. What’s your favorite book from the past year?
20. Is there a comfort food from your childhood that you still enjoy?
Thank you for playing this week on Sunday Stealing! Please consider liking WTIT on Facebook. Click here. Link when you have posted. Stop back and visit other player’s posts. That is really what this is all about, making new friends! Have a great week. See you next Sunday!