Hi! I'm your host Bev Sykes of the blog "Funny the World". . Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. (Past hosts include: Our first - Judd Corizan, Mr. L, Kwizgiver and Bud) Cheers to all of us thieves!
Now for something different. I hope you'll find it fun. Pandora has been doing Sunday Stealing for years, even though she's in Australia and can't relate to many of the questions, so I invited her to submit an Australia-related set of questions. She checked these with friends and says that Australians could easily answer them.
Many of these you won't be able to answer, but give it a try--and understand how Pandora feels! (I printed all of them because I figure you'll skip many -- feel free to check Google and learn some new things!)
2. Who was your favourite Prime Minister of the last ten years? (There have been five – choose wisely)
3. Are you a Monarchist or a Republican? Why?
4. What do you think of our current head of state?
5. What are your feelings on compulsory voting.
6. What is your favourite footy food?
7. Your Nana is having her 80th catered for by the CWA. What CWA standards are you looking forward to at the spread? The Victoria Sponge? Yoyos? Asparagus Rolls? Brandy Snaps?
8. What do you do on ANZAC Day?
9. Discuss the merits of budgie smugglers.
10. What is outside your back door? Gumboots or thongs?
11. As a kid you were given 20 cents for pick and mix. What will be in your bag? Teeth? Spearmint leaves? Gobstoppers? Freckles?
12. Redbacks or Huntsmen?
13. The Mullet. Discuss.
14. Kath or Kim?
15. Cricket – which code do your follow? Why? Do you think that 20/20 games are sacrilege?
16. Football. Which code do you follow? Do you have an opinion about Collingwood or Essendon?
17. Do you agree that the lyrics to Khe Sahn should be on the citizenship test? Do you know the words to Khe Sahn?
18. What is your favourite public holiday? If you're in Victoria, which do you prefer? The day off before the AFL Grand Final or Melbourne Cup Day?
19. What do you do at Christmas? Ham sandwich on the beach? Seafood and salad next to the pool? Endure a full English roast with all the trimmings when the thermometer is pushing 35 degrees centigrade outside?
20. Ford or Holden?
21. What is the best Australian invention ever? (And yes, the Hills Hoist can be mentioned)
22. Describe the following:
23. What are the following traditional items found in all Australian homes?
24. Who is your all time Australian hero?
25. Translate the following: “Strewth! Nev was going flat out like a lizard drinking. But he had a nana nap and he's raring. Told him to get here pronto by not to miss the gate cos it’s impossible to chuck a u-ey for miles. Told him to bring a slab. We’ll have a barby. The kiddies can have snags. Joe the Pom will moan about everything. Jeez, he’s a bastard. Yeah…nah… no flies on him. “
26. What is your favourite Australian holiday spot?
27. Do you eat the coat of arms?
28. You are stuck in a lift with the following: Karl Stefanovic, Peter Dutton and Alan Jones. Who do you kill last?
29. What is the NBN?
30. “Where the bloody hell are you?” Discuss.
31. Complete the following sayings.
Am I ever going to see your face again? ..................................................
You're terrible, ...........................!
Coupla days, ...............................
32. Potato scallops or potato cakes?
33. Provide three uses for cane toads.
34. If you give a politician a koala to cuddle, what is the likely outcome?
35. Bagpipes are perfectly at home in rock songs. Discuss.
36. What is a Tim Tam Slam?
37. If I ask for a FruChoc, where am I from? What are FruChocs?
I doubt I can answer 10 of these without doing research! LOL I'll look forward to reading what others do!
I would have to do a lot of research to answer these questions. What a fun week. I look forward to reading everyone's answers. I will be back next week. :)
Thank you Bev this looks like a fun hop, I couldnt answer any of them but the monarchist or republican, I will see you next week! happy week
Is it too late to change my answer to last week's Question #3?
Post a Comment